[GRASS5] Re: r.in.gdal - precision problem in lib/gis/adj_cellhd.c

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:18:08 EDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 11:09 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> > It's not trying to add half the cell to the top row of the TIFF, thus
> > going beyond 90d 0' 15"?
>
> Probably. But then we would exclude a lot of global data!

Markus,

It seems like a precision issue but it is hard to know for use since stuff
like gdalinfo does not print out the origin with full double precision values.
I am not positive whether the precision issue is in the original GeoTIFF
file, GDAL, v.in.gdal or what.   I suspect the original file.

It might pay to have adj_cellhd() to some subtle fixing up in cases that
just exceed global bounds by some small epsilon.

Best regards,