[GRASS5] [bug #3153] (grass) v.in.garmin waypoint import

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 08:28:16 EDT 2005

> > > this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3153
> > note: known bug (unreleated), db link must be set with db.connect
> > before using the module; if DBF, then a $MAPSET/dbf/ dir must exist
> > too? [haven't tested in a while]
>
> I tested yesterday: yes, the $MAPSET/dbf/ dir must be created
> manually. Let me propose to automate that for dbf... but no idea
> where.

Waypoint mode (or with -p flag) should create/link as needed with
 v.in.ascii format=point
as needed (I think..?).

But when the script makes track or route lines with:
 v.in.ascii format=standard
it does not create a table; the script creates one by hand with

echo "CREATE TABLE ..." | db.execute

  [this step needs db to be set]

then populate the table it with

echo "INSERT INTO ..." | db.execute

then links with v.db.connect.

So it is hard to see what could be automated to create & link dbf/.

Maybe a test for $MAPSET/dbf and 'db.connect -p' before CREATE TABLE
in the v.in.garmin script is correct after all and no automation?

Hamish