[GRASS5] grass packaging

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Apr 19 06:32:58 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:43:49PM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have recently seen the new immersive nviz. Given this, and several bugfixes,
> would you consider it adequate to package the current grass cvs for some
> distribution, or it would be better to wait a few days/weeks for
> stabilization?

Ciao Paolo:

please note that we have two versions in parallel:

- GRASS 6.0.1-CVS:
    "6.0.x release branch source code snapshot"
    http://grass.itc.it/download/index.php
    -> http://grass.itc.it/grass60/source/snapshot/
       "This is a bugfix release only."

  To be released in the near future as 6.0.1.

- GRASS 6.1-CVS:
    http://grass.itc.it/grass61/source/snapshot/

  To be releases later as 6.1.0.

The latter contains the new NVIZ navigation. Both contain
bugfixes.

Cheers

 Markus