[GRASS5] Gaussian filter for GRASS

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed Apr 20 13:57:45 EDT 2005

Hallo developers,
I have tryed to program the Gaussian filter for raster maps. It works only with
CELL maps for now, but I hope to extend it for DCELL and FCELL maps too.

Because this is my first raster module for GRASS and also my first bigger
C-program, I would be very thankfull, if someone could have a look at the
code at to tell me, what I could do better/safer.

I would like to write some other filters for raster maps too, the next stage
should be Mean of least variance filter. But before I start, I would like to be
shure, that I don't do something really stupid in the program.

I could not to solve, how to work on the boundaries of the raster. I had to
skip these cells, like e.g. r.mapcalc does -- so NULL values appear there.
How to do it some better way?

I'm also not shure, if I do the allocation of neigborhood rows the right way.

I hope, I did not forget to free all the buffers at the end.

I'm looking forward to your hints

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky