[GRASS5] d.extend won't work with vectors

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Apr 29 00:41:57 EDT 2005

I was looking at adding a button to the GIS Manager that would use d.extend
to let people zoom to the maximum extent of all displayed maps. I tested it
to make sure it worked as described and discovered that it works fine with
rasters. However, with the new GRASS 6 vector format, d.extend will either
generate an error or produce a region with an extent of 0 in one dimension
(E-W so far)

Error example. I used the Spearfish data set. If I extract and display a
subset of archsites (cat 2-6), then run d.extend, I get this error.

GRASS 6.1.cvs (spearfish57):~ > d.extend
ERROR: <nsres=0.000000> ** invalid input **

The region either won¹t change to match the map extents or it will go to 0
in one dimension. I can¹t consistently reproduce the error of actually
setting the region to 0, but it has happened several times.

I guess I won¹t add that button yet, but perhaps someone could look into
this.

Thanks
Michael

PO Box 872402