[GRASS5] bugs

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Feb 26 03:33:36 EST 2005

At 06:20, sabato 26 febbraio 2005 you presumably wrote:
> Shouldn't we keep a list of known GRASS 5.4 bugs somewhere rather than
> just forgetting about them? e.g. 5.4's v.digit "won't fix" bugs.

Agreed. In my view, the best solution is to make two bugs lists, one for 5.4
and one for 6.0. Then I volunteer to manage the 6.0 bugs, changing grass57 to
grass60 where appropriate. Bernhard, would this be possible?
BTW: where do I find the total number of bugs?

> I think we need to have some sort of "confirmed", "unreproducable", or
> "new" tag column for bugs, so we can separate out valid bugs from
> misconfigured systems at least, giving a more realistic bug number.

or, old and unreproducible bugs could be just squashed?

> We should not be closing bug reports just because there are a lot of bug
> reports. Clean up the bug list, sure; as long as it is by actually
> fixing bugs, and not just forgetting them!

Right. But it is also necessary to get rid of the rubbish, otherwise we'll
scare new users away (and, in my view, what grass needs now is a larger user
base).

All the best.
pc
--