[GRASS5] 2 prob.: v.proj and overlapping

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Wed Jan 12 04:15:44 EST 2005

Dear users...
I've got two problems using grass57....

the first one:
I've an area vector map in UTM ED50 system (imported from a shp map)...
is a complex map, with a lot of boundary segments and a lot of
centroids... but it is quite correct because all the areas seems to
answer correcly to v.what.vect... and all boundaries are two areas
boundaries... according to v.digit..
I've projected it on gauss-boaga roma40 system (an italian system) using
v.proj...
now only few areas are preserved...(in the gauss-boaga system I mean)
and there are a lot of not correct boundaries (no area or 1 area... as
v.digit explain...). Consequently, also areas are not respected ....
can you explain me the reason of this behaviour... and how to solve the
problem??? thank you

the second one:
importing another map... a shp area map... with v.in.ogr, I have had the
message that there are 6 areas overlapping... and that this is recorded
in the field (level) 2....
the problem is: how can I see which are the areas overlapping?? I tried
with v.digit but it doesn't seems to be able to show overlapping
areas..... and I have not other ideas...
thank you very much for your help....

Ivan

--
ivan marchesini <marchesini at unipg.it>