[GRASS5] [bug #2906] (grass) v.extract, v.overlay and database connection

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Jan 13 06:01:04 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2906

Subject: v.extract, v.overlay and database connection

I have a vector map with a database connected, but when I do a query by
atributes (v.extract) I loose this connection, I obtain a vectorial without
database, and I want a new data base (smaller) for this new vectorial map,
it is possible? I have tried to do v.db.connect after, I have tried also to
do the connection in the internal files but without success...

With v.overlay I obtain a new data base (dbf) for the new map, but this dbf
file do not have all the data (fields) of the original dbf... how can I
obtain the same dbf table but only for the new vector map?

Thank you