[GRASS5] [bug #2877] (grass) Insecure tempfile creation

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 02:43:06 EST 2005

[thanks for the 5.0.3 patch Marga]

Just an update re. less-insecure tempfiles ..

In the upstream GRASS 5.7 CVS[*] pretty much everything in the scripts/
directory now uses g.tempfile. C modules are next. I am not sure what to
do with the init scripts & libs where the GRASS tempfile fn's may not be
available..

These fixes are not in Steve Halasz's grass 6.0beta1 grass package[**],
I'm not sure when 6beta2 will be but maybe Steve & co. are willing to
backport these changes to 6beta1 and push for that to get into Sarge.

[*]  http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/
[**] http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

a number of the instances on the offender list were actually commented
out, etc.

still to look at:

lib/db/stubs/BUILD.PROTO
lib/db/dbmi_driver/mk_dbstubs_h.sh