[GRASS5] openMOSIX?

David Piasecki piasecda at nv.doe.gov
Tue Jan 18 16:25:03 EST 2005

I have a cluster of Mac XServe computers available to me for image
processing, and I would like to take advantage of this resource. I was
going to write my own software to split up tasks on different machines,
but doing a search on parallel processing for GRASS, I came across
openMOSIX for Linux. Before I attempt to install YellowDogLinux on my
XServes, I wanted to see what other people had to say about using GRASS
and openMOSIX. Is it really as easy as they say it is to set up? What
kind of speed improvements have been observed?

Thanks,
David