[GRASS5] First test on GRASS 6 screenshots page

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 16:28:24 EST 2005

> I just checked and the screenshots pages are up now
> <http://www.grass.itc.it/grass60/screenshots>
>
> Here is something odd, I am using some images already existing on the
> GRASS web site. That is, they work. Some of these are *.png files.
> These png files show up on my test Mac when designing the pages. But
> they don't show up now on my Mac laptop when displaying the pages on
> the GRASS web site. I can change them to *.jpg images with not a lot
> of trouble. But does anyone have an idea as to why this may be
> happening?

All the PNG images are corrupted somehow. I just checked some out
directly from CVS & they won't display locally..

I just re-uploaded Radim's "v.overlay_and.png" and now it looks good.

what about using wget with the URL of a working pic & then directly to
'cvs commit'? If it is a Mac issue, that might avoid some layers of
complexity...

'cvs diff' before upload to see if the same thing happened again.

.jpg looks like crap for screen shots with text, window borders etc..

Hamish