[GRASS5] Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: [GRASS bug #2877] Insecure tempfile creation

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 22:25:27 EST 2005

..
> > > Maybe someone can help me with this one:
> > > lib/db/stubs/BUILD.PROTO
>
> My vote is to simply remove this file. Nobody needs it from
> the core 6 developers, AFAIK it's a leftover from GRASS 4.x.
>
> I assume that this will be resolved ASAP in GRASS-CVS.

file removed in CVS.

===

also in cvs:

lib/init/init.sh: /tmp/grass6-.. dir was created with whatever
permissions 'umask' had (could be world-writable). Now read/writable
only by $USER.

check added to lib/init/grass.src for grass-within-grass situation.
  - init.sh assumes /bin/sh is bourne like, grass.src didn't?

===

r.terraflow is the only outstanding /tmp fix to be done.
(waiting for an update from Laura)

===

should we add the SUBMITTING file from 5.4.0 to cvs/head?

Hamish