[GRASS5] Re: (grass) Neural network tool for grass

benducke at compuserve.de benducke at compuserve.de
Tue Jun 7 11:46:42 EDT 2005

Yes, SNNS has lots of different NN architectures,
maybe a few too many, actually. Most users will
probably have difficulties chosing from so many
different designs.

As far as I remember, back propagation networks are
still very popular because they are so well understood.
Radial basis functions I think are quite popular as well
and have greater classification power.
Kohonen maps are something I never really got acquainted
with.

Is there anybody on this list who could give us a brief
overview which architectures and features are the most important
and would have to be included in a GRASS extension
geared towards practical application?

Cheers,

Benjamin