[GRASS5] [bug #3302] (grass) cs2cs with GRASS and NTv2 grid fails

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 11:56:28 EDT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Paul Kelly wrote:

> Untested (very simple) patch attached. On second thoughts even if we put the
> full path in by default, it is probably best to keep pj_set_finder() for odd
> circumstances in PROJ_INFO files, e.g. it would be hard to catch
> datumparams: nadgrids=conus
> which has been valid up to now.

I am tempted to submit the patch as going by what Hamish said, I am
confident it will solve the problem. The only problem might be if people
are using the output of g.proj -j for some generic purpose. Now (if
gridshift datum files are used in the projection definition) it will be
machine-specific as the path to the gridshift files is hardcoded. But
being machine-specific is possibly less of a disadvantage than being
GRASS-specific, especially if people are using other GIS software.

So if there are no objections I will apply the patch in a few days.

Paul