[GRASS5] First release of GRASS Extensions Manager

benducke at compuserve.de benducke at compuserve.de
Wed Jun 29 08:38:09 EDT 2005

Sorry for the delay, everyone but I was tied up with other things ...

I just managed to wrap up a beta version of the GRASS Extensions
Manager, as announced in the latest GRASS Newsletter.
I am also providing a small sample extension consisting of an overhauled
cumulative viewshed analysis module and another one to calculate a
prominence index.
Please excuse the poor state of the documentation. I am working on it,
but field season will start soon, so don't expect too much before autumn.

You can download the files from my (German) homepage:

http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/ufg_BerDucke.htm

It's the two links at the bottom of the main text frame.

gem-0.9.tgz is the C source code for the extensions manager plus
some documentation and a Linux libc2.3 executable.

cva.tgz is the cumulative viewshed extension.

If you downloaded and compiled gem, you can try the following from
inside a GRASS session:

gem http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/dateienDucke/cva.tgz

This should download the extension including HTML docs and
GIS Manager entries. If you restart GIS Manager, you should
find a new 'Xtns' menu. HTML docs are accessible from the
main GRASS index.html.

Please look for more info in the README file and let me know
how it works for you. I would be thankful if someone could
compile and try this program on MacOS X and CygWin as I do not
have access to such a system right now.

Cheers,

Benjamin