[GRASS5] v.in.ascii

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:24:03 EDT 2005

> Any ideas on how to improve the point data handling, fix v.in.ascii and
> V_build  ?

You can add option to v.in.ascii to avoid building topology and modify
modules using points to use data on level1 (without topology)
instead of level 2 (with topology) .
For v.surf.rst for example you have to modify
lib/rst/interp_float/vinput2d.c
vector/v.surf.rst/main.c
That way you should get almost the same what old sites were.

> (if we skip topology building for points, the memory leak will still be
> there). I am slowly

There is no (important) leak.

> learning the vector stuff but this is much more complicated that the
> old ascii sites support.
> Radim, did the valgrind analysis by Hamish help or is more needed?

There is no leak in the library, the memory is not released by default
because it takes long time. You can force the library to release the memory
if you want using Vect_set_release_support().

Radim