[GRASS5] [bug #3204] (grass) no man page for startup options in GRASS 6 man page

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri May 6 08:54:29 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 07:26:21PM +0200, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3204
>
> Subject: no man page for startup options in GRASS 6 man page
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
> grass binary for platform: i386
>
> In the manuals section of the website, we don't have manpage for GRASS6 startup options.
> (see http://gulus.usherb.ca/pub/appl/grass/gdp/html_grass5/html/grass5.html for gras53 version)

Hi,

agreed. I have added:
 lib/init/grass6.html

which is converted to MAN upon compilation of GRASS.
It's both in 6.0.1-release-branch-CVS and 6.1-CVS and
will appear (also) in tomorrow's snapshots on the web.

You can also access it like this:

#HTML browser
 g.manual grass6

#man reader
 g.manual -m grass6

#Web
 http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html61_user/grass6.html

Maybe Debian wants to make use of this page now.

Cheers

 Markus