[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3246] (grass) d.vect.thematic fails when the map is in another mapset

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 23 10:04:48 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 22, 2005 18:49, Michael Barton said:
> Daniel,
>
> I tried out your code changes to d.vect.thematic.
>
> There were a few odd display glitches, but overall it worked well.

Here both versions (your's and Daniel's) work fine.

> I've gone ahead and rewritten the graduated points routine along the lines
> of your graduated colors routine. It revealed a problem I  didn't notice
> previously with the graduated points, so I fixed it. I made a couple of
> other improvements to the points legend.

The graduated points legend only displays boxes, even when I chose other
symbols. Is this normal ?

> I also added a flag option for math notation brackets, so everyone should be
> happy (or at least happier).

Yes, this seems like the best solution to me.

> Lorenzo Moretti suggested an option to write out the thematic mapping as a
> group file for the GIS Manager. This is intriguing and I might try to add
> this in the next update if there is some interest.

Sounds good. This would allow using the GIS Manager print command to print the
results to a ps file.

 Thanks a lot to both of you for the great work !

Moritz