[GRASS5] viewing map attribute table

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed May 25 17:54:35 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 18:14, Michael Barton said:
> This would be very nice. Perhaps we should also have a db.dropcolumn.

I don't think that ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN is implemented in the GRASS SQL.
Radim ?

If it isn't then I don't know how to drop a column.

> Then
> with the browse, it is possible to do all standard table management

Well, for me v.db.updatecol is still incomplete as it only allows to update a
column with an absolute value and not an expression. This is desperately
needed if you want to create intensity data (e.g. you have population and
surface columns and want to create a density column).

If it is too complicated to implement this in the sql update command, maybe it
would be possible to integrate it into d.vect.thematic by giving the
possibility to chose a second column and the nature of its relation to the
first ?

> except
> adding or deleting a record. The latter is more problematic as one would
> hope to make sure it is linked to a vector object.

I think all these kinds of operations (including the expression update) would
be easier if we use sqlite3 as Markus suggests.

Moritz