[GRASS5] Unable to compile "d.what.vect"

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 26 08:03:50 EDT 2005

[CC'd to developers]

Damiano Triglione wrote:

> Ok, it should be lib/form, but when I change to that directory and give
> 'make' command I have no answer, as if it compiled well!
> Maybe it can be useful to tell you that I ran 'configure' with the following
> ,--without-tiff,,--without-png,--without-fftw,--without-postgres,--without-mysql,--without-odbc,--without-opengl,--without-tcltk

> Excuse me: I found another interesting thing:
> in lib/form, I found that in the folder
> 'OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/'
> there is only one file: generate.o
> But there should be more files, for example 'open.o', since in open.c there
> is the declaration of the function 'F_open'.
> Can you explain me please how can I impose the compilation of all the source
> files in the folder?

It appears that the other files aren't compiled if you use
--without-tcltk. In that case, F_open() won't exist, so d.what.vect
won't compile.

It appears that the changes to lib/form need to be reconsidered, e.g.
making the functions in open.c stubs rather than just omitting them
when Tcl/Tk isn't enabled.