[GRASS5] on d.vect.thematic

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 31 15:32:13 EDT 2005

Maciek,

1. All the thematic options calculate 'breakpoints' where the color change
in the thematic map: at a set of regular intervals (the number of intervals
defined by the user), 2 standard deviation units around the mean, quartiles,
and custom. The custom option just lets you define manually where the color
changes rather than having it determined by an algorithm (as it is for other
3 options).

2. You can put values into the GRASSRGB column for all vector types.
Currently d.vect only displays colors in this column for areas. According to
Hamish, this is being extended to lines and points.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA