[GRASS5] status of Tcl/Tk Aqua support on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 4 10:29:15 EST 2005

As I understand it, in GRASS 6 (or 6.1 CVS at least), the most of the
Tcl/Tk interface has been rewritten so that it now runs in Mac OS X's
Tcl/Tk Aqua.  The part that still needs a UNIX build of Tcl/Tk is
NVIZ, and I think that has something to do some X11 program it uses
to get window info?  Is there any C code in NVIZ that needs the UNIX
Tcl/Tk?

Does this sound right?  Is 6.0.1 in line with 6.1 CVS?

What are the bits in NVIZ that need the UNIX Tcl/Tk?  If an
alternative could be found that works with Tcl/Tk Aqua, is it as
simple as changing some command references in the Tcl code?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy