[GRASS5] Jpeg2000

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 20:40:03 EDT 2005

Hi Jeshua,

> > Yes GDAL supports JPEG2000, but you will have to check that the
> > driver you need has been activated. Try running this command to see
> > if you  have JPEG2000 support in your copy of GDAL:
> >
> > gdalinfo --formats | grep 2000
> > gdalinfo <filename>
> >

> > If you are using Lorenzo Moretti's Mac binaries, JPEG2000 should be
> > supported. If you aren't, I highly recommend them.
> >    http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/
>
> I am curious why you might recommend Lorenzo's binaries over OpenOSX's
> free stand-alone GRASS application?

It certainly wan't my meaning to recommend one OSX binary over another;
if I recall correctly the poster mentioned they were using 5.7.0 which
is fairly out of date now. This is why I suggested an upgrade, and I
knew that Lorenzo's GDAL had Jpeg2000 built in and is a nice package.
I didn't know off hand if OpenOSX's version supported Jpeg2000 or not.
Thanks for letting us know it does as I'm all in favour of a diversity
of options for users. Hope that clarifies things.

regards,
Hamish