[GRASS5] Re: d.m background color

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Oct 9 02:25:33 EDT 2005

Hamish,

Thanks for looking at the GIS Manager updates. I like your color. It's even
easier on the eyes and it's not grey.

I tried to fix the bugs you found. See below. I can commit these to the cvs
on Monday.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

> From: Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:58:44 +1200
> To: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
> Cc: grass5 <grass5 at grass.itc.it>
> Subject: d.m background color
>
> Hi,
>
> just having a look at the new d.m green background color and trying to
> find something a bit more muted.
>
> Specifically I was trying to find something that matched the GRASS
> website's green.  (197:226:202)
>
> "HoneyDew2" is about the closest I could spot.
>
> I think the original "lightgreen" was too strong, maybe "HoneyDew2" is
> too drab?
>
> Anyway I have now changed d.m in CVS so the background color setting is
> in one place at the start of d.m.tcl. You can set it to any of the
> standard X colors. Explore options with "xcolor" or online:
>   http://www.ce.unipr.it/cgi-bin/spaw/guelich/xcolors.cgi
>
> I don't really think we need a menu item to let the user set this.
> It's easy enough and educational for control freaks any A-type
> personalities to edit the tcl file directly if they want to.
>

> other d.m biz:
>  the barscale.tcl button doesn't display its help icon.

Fixed

>  the labels.tcl button needs the new -i flag added.
>  for me the mouse-over ToolTips font is Huge.

I didn't mess with this, so I don't know why it is so big on your system. It
looks fine on mine.

>  fixed the intro.gif.. got corrupted again.

Thanks. I didn't mess with this, so I don't know why it's a problem. Weird.

>  some list items get caps, others don't? (Legend 1, label 1, Chart 1, ...)

Fixed this to make it consistent throughout

>  FreeType icon could use a graphics designer.

If you can find one, give them a go at ALL the icons. ;-) I'm not much of an
artist in the first place. And trying to make something look good in 16x16
pixels...

> Otherwise you've got it all looking very spiffy.

Thanks. I think it's easier to use.