[GRASS5] GRASS + Oracle

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Oct 10 04:24:15 EDT 2005

Dear Developers,

I have successfully used GRASS and oracle-spatial with v.external.
Usually I thought that copying a layer included by v.extrenal with
g.copy copies the whole layer as a grass-vector-layer, which can be
editied by v.digit.

This is not the case when trying to copy a OCI-layer. The resultant
layer cannot be edited with v.digit:
v.digit roads_oci_copy
WARNING: OGR format cannot be updated.
ERROR: Cannot open old vector roads_oci_copy at PERMANENT on level 2

This is the same error when trying v.digit on the v.external-layer.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508