[GRASS5] [bug #3621] (grass) Pressing [Create New Location] exits program

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Sep 11 15:28:04 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3621

Subject: Pressing [Create New Location] exits program

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 6.0.1/6.1

Hi!

my name is Victor, I use GNU/Debian 3.1.

1) I installed Grass-6.0.1 from Debian ftp. Everything went well. I started program, clicked 'Create New Location' and the program exited.

2) Then I installed Grass-6.1 binary from:
http://grass.itc.it/grass61/binary/linux/snapshot/
However, the problem remained.

It might be smth wrong with my system, as I am new to Linux. But I checked all the dependencies -- they are all satisfied.

Thanks,
Victor