[GRASS5] [bug #3623] (grass) v.in.ogr fails when input contains a column 'CAT'

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Sep 15 16:24:58 EDT 2005

AND if the existing table contains a column named cat_, it will OGR will
fail.

In other words, if you append 2 tables together using OGR, it will rename
the old column cat_ and provide a new column--with a single integer
series--called CAT. If you try and append THAT table to another one, it will
fail because it tries to make a duplicate cat_ column.

Ideally, it should just continue to append existing cat numbers to existing
cat_ column, and continue with the existing series in CAT.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA