[GRASS5] [bug #3681] (grass) v.clean, v.digit: can't snap over 180 longitude

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Sep 25 23:20:11 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3681

Subject: v.clean, v.digit: can't snap over 180 longitude

6.1-cvs July 2005

Hi,

I extracted a vector coastline of Antarctica from the NOAA coastline extractor
in Mapgen format (see v.in.mapgen help page for link) and imported into GRASS.
-60 to -90 lat, -180 to +180 lon.

After importing with v.in.mapgen I ran "v.clean tool=snap thresh=0.002" and
used v.digit to clean it up a bit. That's all fine but neither v.clean nor
v.digit will snap close the +180 -180 connection. I expect this will be a
problem from pole to pole?

bug or "known limitation" ?

thanks,
Hamish