[GRASS5] What if I leave out an option at compile time?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Apr 3 13:04:23 EDT 2006

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:07:57 -0700
Michael Rensing <michael.rensing at shaw.ca> wrote:

> If I compile GRASS without some optional feature (e.g. BLAS support),
> what happens?
>
> Will the capabilities which depend on the feature be visible, but not
> work?
>
> Or will the dependent capabilities not show up at all?

The optional functionality will not make it to the Grass at all once
disabled. Eg. if you build Grass without fftw, i.fft and i.ifft modules
won't be available, not even their manual pages. I'm not sure if their
menus in d.m or current gis.m will be there though - can you say
Michael?

> I tend to learn some software features by browsing, and if
> capabilities are only visible if support is included at compilation,
> I'll need to add all support options to be able to explore the full
> capabilities of GRASS.

Note: for teh above mentioned BLAS and LAPACK don't bother, they are
not used for anything - read INSTALL.

Maciek