[GRASS5] Problems compiling and running GRASS6.CVS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Apr 5 15:59:23 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > [The current default setting of CFLAGS_WARNING enables too many
> > warnings, resulting in significant warnings getting lost in the noise.
> > I'll change that.]
>
> what are the recommended gcc settings for pedantic developers to use?

If you're compiling a specific module which you're working on, the
default setting (-Wall -Wconversion -Wno-implicit-int) is probably
appropriate. Otherwise, it should be empty, so that you only get the
compiler's default warnings.

FWIW, I wouldn't suggest trying to eliminate all of the warnings
arising from -Wconversion; just check that they don't indicate flaws
in your code.