Daniel Calvelo dca.gis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 03:11:00 EDT 2006

Well, I'd say, given the uses in the description.html files, it should

command names, i.e. code, rather than using them for emphasis proper.
Visually, it's fine, but semantically it's awfully wrong.

A more correct way of handling this would be to use <span>s with a
semantically marked class, and expanding Markus' CSS to handle that,
visually. I.e. instead of "the <b>col</b> parameter" we should have
"the <span class="param">col</span> parameter". We might borrow
texinfo or docbook semantic classes for that.

Not really an automatic conversion, rather a long style correction
through every description file.

Daniel.

PS. Personally, I'd rather move all the docs from HTML to reStructuredText.

On 4/5/06, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "What's the Difference?"
>   http://www.think-ink.net/html/bold.htm
>

> comments?