[GRASS5] [bug #4331] (grass) delete if file exist - flag

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Apr 25 14:09:40 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:06:41AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I don't know why --o instead of -o.
>
> I just say discussion of it on the list some time back and filed it away
> until I needed it.
>
> It should be documented if it is not.

This (documentation) should be implemented into the parser.
A way could be to check if a module used

cd ~/grass61/lib/gis > grep OUTPUT parser.c
        case G_OPT_R_OUTPUT:
        case G_OPT_V_OUTPUT:

If so, a first flag should be predefined with --o and explanation,
the rest follows as usual. This will give us motivation to then
update to G_OPT_R_OUTPUT and G_OPT_V_OUTPUT everywhere, such as

        parm.output = G_define_standard_option(G_OPT_R_OUTPUT);

or
        parm.output = G_define_standard_option(G_OPT_V_OUTPUT);

Second advantage of using these definitions is that the description
is identical and already translated to all supported languages.

Only, I don't know how to make this suggestion possible...

Markus