[GRASS5] Grass and GDAL-1.3.2b1

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 00:50:12 EDT 2006

Hello Maciek and Lists.

sorry, that i forgot to put this on the list guess gmail seem make
commuincation one to one so i was only communicating with Jachym.
i was able to solve the problem  with grass61cvs and gdal-1.3.2b1

--quote--
final the problem solved..
1st compile and install gdal then created a softlink using ln -s command of
the libgdal.* to /usr/lib and then compile and install grass61 and thats it.
--unquote--

and

--quote--
each time when we compile gdal the --prefix is default set to /usr/local
hence all library compiled to gdal is set to /usr/local (and defualt library
to /usr/local/lib) where as while compilation of grass the library of gdal
was set to /usr/local/lib but when it was installed and executed the library
of gdal was been default searched in /usr/lib by grass. which is why the
softlink was need to be set for gdal /usr/lib from /usr/local/lib, so that
whenever the grass try to access gdal library in /usr/lib it is pointed to
/usr/local/lib.
--unquote--

--
Best Regrads