[GRASS-dev] GRASS & cygwin quite slow

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Aug 7 19:59:19 EDT 2006

Huidae Cho wrote:

> I found the latest CVS version does not compile under the last week's
> Cygwin for some reasons.  Maybe this problem has to do with the way of
> building DLLs.  Has anyone tried to compile CVS sources under Cygwin?

Yes. The --enable-shared stopped working after upgrading Cygwin. The
DLLs are built, the programs are built against them, but trying to run
a program results in nothing happening (no errors). Running the
program via gdb/strace results in a segfault.

AFAICT, this is a Cygwin issue. As it affects all programs, the only
GRASS changes to affect it would have to be related to libgis or the
build system, and I can't see anything suspicious in that area.