[GRASS-dev] WxPython prototype GRASS GUI. Version 2

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Aug 8 14:31:00 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 06:49:13PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > > We need to merge this with the new version I just posted on the WIKI.
> > > Definitely need to move this into the CVS.
> > >
> > > Markus, procedure?
> >
> > Yes, development via CVS is certainly easier. But I think that it should
> > not be added to GRASS 6.2.
> >
> > Proposal:
> > - I release GRASS 6.1.0 now
> > - and create the 6.2 release branch
> > - and rename CVS-HEAD to 6.3.cvs
> >
> > Then you could submit the new GUI to CVS.
> > Makes sense?
>
> Not to me. 3 active versions is one too many.
>
> Release 6.1.0 now,

... as suggested.

> 6.1.x is stable (bugfix only),

There are numerous fixes in CVS HEAD which are missing in 6.1.x
branch. That's why I suggested to make a new branch for 6.2
(now!). I forgot to write that the current 6.1.x release branch
won't be maintained any more.

> CVS HEAD is unstable (no restrictions).

... as suggested.

(My) summary: By tomorrow, we can have
- 6.1.0 released, branch no longer used
- 6.2.x new branch
- CVS HEAD, unstable, called 6.3.cvs

This gives two versions to be maintained.

Markus