[GRASS-dev] v.bspline -> v.surf.bspline ?

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Aug 24 05:24:17 EDT 2006

Maciej Sieczka napisa?(a):

> I have just noticed that a new interpolation module has arrived Grass
> CVS. It is great to have it, many thanks to the authors!
>
> I was wondering if the name shouldn't be changed to conform to other
> Grass interpolation modules. We have v.surf.* and r.surf.* . Shouldn't
> the bspline follow? For the user's and clarity sake.

I really think this is an issue so I'll let myself insist a bit on a reply.

I'm quoting Paul Kelly from a thread where another module-candidate name
is disussed, as I fully second his opinion:

"I actually think that serious discussion of potential names for new
modules is very worthwhile and makes a big difference to how easy it is
for users to find the module in the future"

Maciek