[GRASS-dev] gis.m: another 2 region bugs [was: gis.m: 2 region handling bugs]

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Aug 30 08:29:57 EDT 2006

Michael,

In current 6.3 CVS these 2 bugs are solved. Also the region is alligned
to resolution now when it should. Excellent, thanks! I think respective
fixes should be backported to 6.2.

But, I have found another 2 bugs:

# BUG1: when more than 1 Map Display is used, it is impossible to zoom
in/out properly.

To reproduce:

1. grass63 -text, use spearfish60
2. g.region rast=slope -a
3. start gis.m
4. add raster 'slope', display it
5. start a 2nd Map Display
6. add a different raster here, e.g. 'landuse', display it
7. now zoom in/out a couple of times - once on the Map Display 1 and
once on Map Display 2

After 2nd/3rd zooming in/out you'll see that either Map Display follows
the rectangle you tell it to zoom to anymore.

Maybe display geometries of different Map Displays get mixed, ?

# BUG2 Shouldn't the "Region:" information at the bottom of each Map
Display window update as I zoom/pan? Currently it doesn't, which looks
weird IMO, even if it is intended.

Maciek