[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] v.surf.rst limitations?

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Tue Dec 5 05:47:44 EST 2006

Hi all,
you didn't update the CVS, did you? Don't do it. I uploaded it on my
version and I'll send altogether today :)

Hamish ha scritto:

>Hi Roberto,
>
>here are some updates for v.surf.bspline vs. today's CVS.
>
>Hamish

Now one question. Due to allocation memory problems with raster on my pc
some weeks ago, I introduced a limitation on the raster dimensions only
in my v.surf.bspline version. So, the CVS wasn't updated. But yesterday,
a user told me that he didn't have any problem at all using the no
"limited" version on CVS. So, I decide to set a limitation in the number
of raster cells: about 30mill. I think it is high enough.

But, which is the best way to controll these kinds of things? Should I
set a limitation in the number of cells? If afirmative, which one?
Maybe, considering float cells instead double? As a possible thing I
would like to allocate the whole raster (as It works now) instead of
considering smaller rasters and merge them at the end.

Cheers,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it