[GRASS-dev] Re: v.in.gpsbabel bug? (with es file)

Davide Spano spano at cli.di.unipi.it
Tue Dec 5 10:48:08 EST 2006

Il giorno mar, 05/12/2006 alle 14.53 +0100, Leonardo Lami ha scritto:
> Hi
> I make some tests and I send you the gpsbabel output files.
> For every type of gps (garmin 12, garmin 12xl and garmin 12 etrex) I make two
> file:
> a gpx file create from gpsbabel by "gpsbabel -w -i garmin -f /dev/ttyUSB0 -o
> gpx -F *.gpx"
> a csv file create from v.in.gpsbabel using grass_write_ascii.style like in the
> script
>
> You can see that for "garmin 12" and "garmin 12xl" v.in.gpsbabel does not
> transfer the field "name" (present in the gpx files) in the csv files.
>
> Regards
> Leonardo
Hi all,
the data is not downloaded because in the grass_write_ascii.style I did
not put a field for that data (I believed that was only a progressive ID
for the waypoint...)

I propose to take a look at this page

http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-1.3.2/style_define.html

and tell me what fields are important to download, when we agree to the
list, I'll fix the problem in the script.

Davide