[GRASS-dev] How to reproduce RT Ticket 5328

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:25:02 EST 2006

Hi all,
I could not find how to post response in RT, so I emailed it.

Reproduction of Ticket 5328 is peace of cake if you are n00b ;)

1) rm .grassrc6;
2) Start grass and type something in "Create new mapset" -> babah. Error1;
3) Choose any dir as location, type something into "Create new mapset" ->
babah. Error2 (as reported).

Error messages attached for record.

Error1:
couldn't change working directory to "/home/ddd/<UNKNOWN>": no such file or
directory
couldn't change working directory to "/home/ddd/<UNKNOWN>": no such file or
directory
    while executing
"cd $dir"
    (procedure "CheckLocation" line 9)
    invoked from within
"CheckLocation"
    invoked from within
".frame0.frameNMS.third.button invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .frame0.frameNMS.third.button"
    (command bound to event)

Error 2:
couldn't change working directory to "##ERROR##": no such file or directory
couldn't change working directory to "##ERROR##": no such file or directory
    while executing
"cd $location"
    invoked from within
".frame0.frameNMS.third.button invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .frame0.frameNMS.third.button"
    (command bound to event)

Easiest way to fix it - check if there exists subdirectory for "location"
dir named "PERMANENT", as it should be in all valid locations.

Maris.

PS. I know, it's easy to talk, hard to do :)