[GRASS-dev] v.digit and v.edit wiki discussion

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Dec 11 07:38:29 EST 2006

On 11/12/06 12:54, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hamish ha scritto:
>  > by all means reuse their design ideas and format if you like. but we do
>                       ^^^^^
>> ned our own digitizer unless we are deciding to make qgis our primary
>       ^^^^^^^
>
> I do not see the two project as so separated, and I think it is
> unfortunate influential grass developers do (but of course, this is not
> to blame anyone, just my point of view).

They are two seperate projects, with a bridge between the two built by
Radim. I think we have had this discussion before and came to the
conclusion that GRASS needs its own GUI independently from QGIS.

In my opinion QGIS is a great piece of software with much potential, but
for my use I don't see any added value of using it instead of a much
more lightweight internal GUI.

Moritz