[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Dec 14 14:00:49 EST 2006

Paul Kelly wrote:

> Just thinking - the portability tests during the build of the vector
> library seem to fail. This would be worth looking into. TBH I haven't done
> must vector testing at all. Just with 3-D points as far as I can remember.

IIRC, that's due to problems with MSVCRT's fseek() on files opened for
update (read/write).

AFAICT, you need to call fseek() or fflush() when switching between
reading and writing. I.e. read-then-write needs fseek() after the
read, while write-then-read needs either fseek() or fflush() after the
write. Using:

	fseek(fp, 0, SEEK_CUR);

seems to work.