[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 12:01:50 EST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Next step: make install
>
> - doesn't install the grass63.bat file in bin
> - when I copy grass63.bat to c:\grass\bin and modify it so that
> set WINGISBASE=c:\grass\grass-6.3.cvs
> I get error in startup script: "can't read "env(GISBASE)": no such
> variable while executing "source $env(GISBASE)/etc/gtcltk/gmsg.tcl" (file
> "c:\grass\grass-6.3.cvs\etc\gis_set.tcl" line 29)

Possibly that something goes wrong in init.bat because the demolocation
directory doesn't get copied across during "make install"? I had been
using the .grassrc63 file in there as a temporary GISRC file so g.dirseps
would work. Need to find a clean solution to this - all it needs is a
temporary file; it is fairly meaningless really. This ties in nicely with
what Michael is looking at wrt a temporary GISRC file to make g.proj run!

If you copy across "demolocation/.grassrc63" to the install directory does
it work? If so, that confirms the problem and we need to look at a more
elegant solution with regard to the temporary GISRC files.

Paul