[GRASS-dev] Re: r.surf.nnbathy + v.out.ascii?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 18:31:10 EST 2006

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> But if the input is contour lines? Rasterising it and interpolating
> the raster seems the best way to go.
..
> Like I said - this would work only with vector points I guess. Please
> correct me if I'm wrong.

"v.out.ascii format=points" (the default) only outputs points of course;
I guess you could do "v.to.points -v" or "v.out.ascii format=standard"
+unix tools to get vector contour lines as xyz file.

But yes, for vector contour lines r.to.vect isn't so bad an option.
How do results compare to r.surf.contour*?

[*] problems with r.surf.contour: 0 in input data is treated as null,
integer output only.

Hamish