[GRASS-dev] running with GISBASE as a symlink?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Dec 19 01:32:14 EST 2006

Oops, used wrong account to send last reply.  Anyways, my brain
wouldn't let me sleep on this - I figured out a way to get around the
OSX package limitation:

1. in the Finder, contextual menu on GRASS.app and Show Package Contents

2. command-option-drag the "Contents" folder to the desktop to create
an alias

3. run Qgis and do what you need to do to get it to ask for GISBASE

4. use the alias on the desktop to navigate into the GRASS.app
package!  Then you can locate and select your GISBASE.

'night

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro