[Fwd: Re: [GRASS5] ISO C90 does not support `long long']

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Feb 1 07:02:27 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 10:13 +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using the "-pedantic" gcc flag, I get this message:
>
> include/grass/dgl/type.h:66: warning: ISO C90 does not support `long long'
>
> How to fix that line?

It's a pitfall of C90 - any integer type larger than long is not
supported.  FYI, this also spells doom for large file support, too.

What minimal coding standards does GRASS conform to?  ANSI C (C89-C90)?
Unless there is a quick workaround, is there any reason for not
supporting C99?

By the looks of the vector library, it'll be difficult to fix because
they are fed to read()/write().  Perhaps it could be poorly fixed by
reading and writing two ints and splitting it into upper and lower
dwords.

My $0.02 (and falling)

Glynn?

--
Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.49,-121.92 / WGS84      National Map Corps #TNMC-3785