[GRASS5] [bug #4055] (grass) Skript / module to create new chart vector themes

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 3 09:07:33 EST 2006

Radim Blazek wrote:
> On 2/3/06, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>>>Would be great to have a script/module for creating a chart vector
>>>theme. This would make it possible to display charts also in QGIS or
>>>other applications (Mapserver!).
>>
>>Personally I think that this should always be part of the display and
>>not part of the themes. In ArcView the existing scripts use the theme
>>solution and it is a pain in the * to work with as you have to relaunch
>>it (and create more and more themes) until you get the right size. I
>>think QGIS should deal with this directly...
>

> What is the 'theme'?

Typical ArcView talk (unless I completely misunderstood Wolfgang's
original request). In GRASS it would be a "map", i.e. the idea is to
create a new map which contains vector features which correspond to the
charts. Thus you could display it in QGIS just as if it was any GRASS
vector layer...

Moritz