[GRASS5] [bug #4069] (grass) r.carve: output identical to input and segfault when using points=

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Feb 7 11:54:42 EST 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4069

Subject: r.carve: output identical to input and segfault when using points=

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: CVS 2006.02.07

$ r.carve rast=nnbathy_D_no vect=cieki_atlas_patched output=nnbathy_D_no_carved points=nnbathy_D_no_carved_pkt width=10.000000 depth=0.1 -n
Reading raster file...
 100%
Processing lines...Segmentation fault

More info needed to sort it out?

But without option points= it seems to work, despite the warning:

$ r.carve rast=nnbathy_D_no vect=cieki_atlas_patched output=nnbathy_D_no_carved width=10.000000 depth=0.1 -n Reading raster file...
 100%
Processing lines...WARNING: Vect runs out of region and re-enters - this case is not yet
         implemented!

Moreover, the r.carve output is _identical_ to input. Substracting the r.carve output DEM from original DEM gives 0.0. Looks like r.carve is not doing anything... too bad.

Has anydoby succeeded using it? Maybe there is something special about my case. I will keep on trying tomorrow with different  input and any hints are wellocme.

Maciek