[GRASS5] Re: BTS, what was that?

Francesco Paolo Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Sun Feb 19 05:44:08 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:44:51PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > I agree, but IMHO just a notification from bugzilla when bug is closed
> > with fix in CVS could be enough to keep track on fixes for stable
> > versions.
>
> Maybe Intevation could implement this into the existing RT?
>
> > Just another 2 c:
> > bugzilla is useful to tracking code submissions by developers w/o
> > write access to CVS. This way works Gentoo bugzilla. New ebuild first
> > is submitted as bug, then users/developers interested in it make tests
> > etc. and when it looks OK, bug gets closed as ebuild moves to portage.
> >
> > I hope this time everybody will understand what I was trying to say :)
>
> Yes, understood now. This sounds reasonable to me.

Yes, that was also my intended idea. Single/alternative patches could be
tested well before committing, also by users for instance.
I would also add - but I know I'm pretending so much - that probably a
different SCM could be considered. SVN for instance works better with
patchsets and alternative trees in respect with CVS...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine