[GRASS5] d.m and d.mon fail after cvs update

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 23 16:27:29 EST 2006

Glynn,

Currently when I use monitor override, I cannot open an xmon window from the
GIS Manager. I get a 'No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>' error.

The way I had it was ...

d.mon start=gism -s
set env(MONITOR_OVERRIDE) "gism"
...display commands
d.mon stop=gism

If I try to start an xmon (e.g., for v.digit), I get the 'No socket...'
error.

If I change to...

d.mon start=gism
...display commands
d.mon stop=gism

I get no error.

I've tried using monitor override to select the xmon for v.digit (or other
module that needs it) and unsetting monitor override after stopping gism.

This is not a big issue now. But when I start redoing the compositing, I'll
want to keep gism running all the time, except when doing a window resize.
Then I'll really need to use monitor override.

Any ideas?

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402